Reports to: Head of Debt and Commercial
Location: Leicester Office
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
The successful Credit Operations Manager will set and deliver the credit management
strategy, objectives and KPI’s for all activities (in-house and 3rd party) by providing
effective strategic operational direction, governance and oversight and building and
maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
We are seeking a Credit Operations Manager ideally at the CICM qualification level 5 or
similar with extensive credit/collections experience ideally within the utilities sector, you
will be an experienced leader of teams willing to coach and mentor.
Passionate and motivated people are the power behind our growth so we’re looking to
expand our team and you could be part of our success story.
What We Need From Yü
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be doing:
– Lead the Group’s early-stage debt management processes.
– Managing a team of collection agents to ensure appropriate customer
engagement to deliver prompt payment of amounts due.
– Manage 3rd party outsourcing arrangements to ensure appropriate value for
– Improve first bill management collection rates and support other teams to
improve results (including sales and operations).
– Liaison with other debt teams to resolve customer issues and improve collection
– Support the design and implementation, with the business transformation team,
so as to implement new collection strategies. Deliver such campaigns through
internal resources, 3rd party outsources, and via increasing digital technologies.
– Design new products and services, working with sales and the Credit Risk
Manager, so as to increase overall returns for the Group.
Empower My Team
– Create an inclusive, high achieving and fun team culture.
– Review team members behaviours and performance, ensuring these are line
with our Vision and Values and meeting expectations, targets and KPIs.
– Set annual objectives for individuals, conducting quarterly reviews with each
member of the team.
– Identify development opportunities and ensuring this is visible in the team.
– Visible that colleagues are encouraged to be more involved in wider business
activity, networking, training opportunities and new initiatives.
– Review, Identify and deliver Credit Control process improvements that will
benefit the function and wider business.
– Collaborate with the team, finance function and wider business to deliver
process improvements and projects.
Provide reports and statistics to the senior management team on a weekly/monthly
– Debtors aging report with commentary on overdue payments.
– Debts under debt collection, payment plans and legal proceeding.
– Status of new customer account opening.
– Develop and monitor critical metrics / KPIs.
Account Management and other accountabilities
– Maintain the provision of a high-quality credit control service to the business.
– Ensure the credit risk is adequately managed and appropriate credit limits are
set for the customers.
– Maximise cash collection and improve working capital whilst reducing aged and
– Implement Credit Control timetable including reminder letters and calls to
customers for outstanding debts.
– Prompt response to customers to their enquiries raised by phone or emails,
ensuring that account related queries raised by customers are resolved
– Ensure the process of opening new customer accounts meets business
expectations and is a great impression for the customer.
– Calculate bad debt provision and recommend write offs where appropriate.
– Maintaining relationships and small portfolio of the top customers, to ensure
smooth running of the account.
If you have what it takes you could be just what we’re looking for…
– Educated – CICM qualification level or similar
– Experienced – At least 5 years experience in management of credit teams
– Analytical – Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
– Driven – Drive for results in an ambiguous environment
– Knowledgeable – Ability to manage projects in a cross-functional context with
excellent knowledge of project management tools, techniques and
– Team Player – Outstanding team working and communication skills
– Understanding – Solid understanding of Utilities industry, market and technology
– Adaptable – Available to travel to our Nottingham and Leicester offices
Yü Come First
We have a wide range of benefits for our employees including:
– 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
– Annual leave purchase
– Learning and development opportunities
– Employee perks and support
– Recognition and reward
– Day off on your birthday
– Plus many more
Do Yü have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you, please apply by sending your
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yü Energy are one of the UK’s fastest growing business energy and water providers. Our
innovative and rapidly expanding range of energy solutions help businesses of all sizes
across the UK to better manage their utilities. From energy and water supply to electric
vehicle charge points and smart energy solutions, our services are specifically tailored to
the needs of business customers.
For more information visit our website www.yuenergy.co.uk/careers
By submitting your application, you are consenting to the GDPR candidate agreement.