Yü Energy is one of the UK’s fastest growing business supplying gas, electricity and water to thousands of companies across the country. We are on a mission to shake-up the UK business utility market with our winning combination of expert personal service and competitive prices, specifically tailored to the needs of commercial customers.
We have some ambitious targets for the coming years including significant growth to our customer base and increasing our UK presence. To achieve our objectives and to take utility products to the next level, we know we need to build on our already fantastic and dedicated teams across the business. We are now looking to expand our highly skilled team and are looking for a permanent Software Developer to work in our corporate Office based in Nottingham. This role will report to the Head of IT.
Location: Nottingham Business Park, NG8 6PY
Working Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of IT
Overview of the role:
Yü Energy needs to do more than simply keep pace; we are a disrupter and want to lead the way. Our Nottingham based IT Team’s primary focus is to do just that. They work to improve, innovate and develop our core solutions.
Working as part of a close-knit team, our Developers deliver software solutions either through creation of programs, configuration/customisation of platforms, or a combination of both. This along with the capture & analysis of requirements is all part of the role. Our Developers focus on technical solutions to the challenges facing our internal customers now and in the future.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Requirements capture/analysis and documentation
- Design (and documenting) of own solutions or sub-sets of solutions
- Writing software and/or configuring software platforms
- Troubleshooting and debugging code
- Testing and analysis of test results
- Documentation – both technical and non-technical.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience working within a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Have an eye for design and ability to contribute to solutions
- One or more – Node.js, Angular, Docker, Nginx and Python
- Knowledge of interfacing with SQL databases
- Ability to contribute and communicate creative ideas effectively
- Be able to manage own time and projects with a flexible approach
- API integration experience
- PowerShell / scripting
At least 3 years in a Microsoft-based development environment
Team player with a methodical and reliable approach to problem solving
Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org