Reports to: Head of Trading
Location: Nottingham Head Office
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
As a Junior Trading Analyst, you will be a part of an experienced trading team responsible for the purchasing of circa £200 million of gas and power for our circa 30,000 business customers. You will be responsible for supporting the trading team with analysis and reporting during a time of exceptional volatility in energy markets with a view of you becoming increasingly involved in purchasing and trading of the energy as your career progresses.
This is an exciting role within a fast paced and critical function of the business. We are looking for exceptional and highly numerate people to power our growth, so we’re looking to expand our team and you could be part of our success story.
What We Need from Yü
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be doing:
– Support the trading team with trade admin and gas and power nominations.
– Monitor and report internally on gas and power wholesale pricing and key trends.
– Produce detailed analysis on trading position and risk reports for the head of trading and other departments.
– Produce regular market commentary for internal sales teams and third party intermediaries.
– Produce analysis and support reporting for regulators and other industry parties.
– Ad hoc modelling and analytical support using excel.
– Assist the trading team with ad-hoc projects and request.
If you have what it takes, you could be just what we’re looking for:
– A degree in Maths, science, economics or similar numerate discipline.
– Highly numerate with an excellent attention to detail.
– Strong computer proficiency and in particular Excel.
– Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service
– Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
– Ideally you will have at least 1-2 years work experience from another industry but recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Yü Come First
We have a wide range of benefits for our employees including:
– 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
– Annual leave purchase
– Training and development opportunities
– Employee perks and support
– Recognition and reward
– Day off on your birthday
– Plus many more
Do Yü have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please apply by sending your CV and most inspirational person to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yü Energy are one of the UK’s fastest growing business gas, electricity and water suppliers, supplying thousands of companies across the UK. On a mission to shake-up the UK business energy market, our winning combination of expert, personal service and competitive prices are specifically tailored to the needs of commercial customers.
For more information visit our website www.yuenergy.co.uk/careers
By submitting your application, you are consenting to the GDPR candidate agreement.