Reports to: Head of Debt and Commercial
Location: Nottingham Office
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
The successful Legal Claims Manager will set and deliver the legal collections strategy,
objectives and KPI’s (in-house and 3rd party) by providing effective strategic operational
direction, governance and oversight and building and maintaining excellent internal and
external stakeholder relationships.
We are seeking a Legal Claims Manager ideally at the CICM qualification level 5 or similar
with extensive legal credit/collections experience ideally within the utilities sector, you will
be an experienced leader of teams willing to coach and mentor.
Passionate and motivated people are the power behind our growth so we’re looking to
expand our team and you could be part of our success story.
What We Need From Yü as a Legal Claims Manager
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be doing:
– Lead the Group’s legal debt management processes.
– Managing a team of paralegals to ensure appropriate customer engagement to
deliver prompt payment of amounts due.
– Management of any 3rd party outsourcing arrangements to ensure appropriate
value for money.
– Effective process management to ensure timely outputs are achieved within the
legal collection journey
– Liaison with other debt teams to resolve customer issues and improve collection
Empower My Team
– Create an inclusive, high achieving and fun team culture.
– Review team members behaviours and performance, ensuring these are line
with our Vision and Values and meeting expectations, targets and KPIs.
– Set annual objectives for individuals, conducting quarterly reviews with each
member of the team.
– Identify development opportunities and ensuring this is visible in the team.
– Visible that colleagues are encouraged to be more involved in wider business
activity, networking, training opportunities and new initiatives.
– Review, Identify and deliver Credit Control process improvements that will
benefit the function and wider business.
– Collaborate with the team, finance function and wider business to deliver
process improvements and projects.
Provide reports and statistics to the senior management team on a weekly/monthly
– Placement of legal cases via effective journey management.
– Debts under debt collection, payment plans and legal proceeding.
– Status of new customer account opening.
– Develop and monitor critical metrics / KPIs.
Account Management and other accountabilities
– Maintain the provision of a high-quality legal credit control service to the
– Maximise cash collection and improve working capital whilst reducing aged and
– Implement Legal Credit Control timetable including LBA letters and calls to
customers for outstanding debts.
– Prompt response to customers to their enquiries raised by phone or emails,
ensuring that account related queries raised by customers are resolved
If you have what it takes you could be just what we’re looking for…
– Educated – CICM qualification level or similar (legal qualification desirable)
– Experienced – At least 3 years experience in management of legal credit teams
– Analytical – Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
– Driven – Drive for results in an ambiguous environment
– Knowledgeable – Ability to manage projects in a cross-functional context with
excellent knowledge of project management tools, techniques and
– Team Player – Outstanding team working and communication skills
– Understanding – Solid understanding of Utilities industry, market and technology
– Adaptable – Available to travel to our Nottingham and Leicester offices
Yü Come First
We have a wide range of benefits for our employees including:
– 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
– Annual leave purchase
– Learning and development opportunities
– Employee perks and support
– Recognition and reward
– Early leave on your birthday
– Plus many more
Do Yü have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you, please apply by sending your
CV to email@example.com
For more information visit our website www.yuenergy.co.uk/careers
By submitting your application, you are consenting to the GDPR candidate agreement.