Reports to: Trading Services Director (TSD)
Location: Nottingham Head Office with flexibility
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week
In collaboration with the TSD you will lead the development and reporting of trading strategies and play a key role in managing portfolio risk and growing the commercial capability of the business. This role offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a core analytical team at the commercial heart of the business.
We’re a multi-utility business helping to power thousands of businesses across the UK. Passionate and motivated people are the power behind our growth so we’re looking to expand our team and you could be part of our success story.
What We Need from Yü
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be doing:
– Develop a reporting and performance culture in the Trading department bringing transparency to senior management in the Group.
– Identify and monitor commodity and non-commodity price risks inherent in the business
– Participate in portfolio construction and risk-management decisions
– Identify short- and longer-term opportunities based on energy market and policy changes
– Engage in commercial initiatives across the business to create value adding products and ensure risk reducing processes and controls
– Establish continuous improvement mindset for the department’s analytical processes and tools
– Challenge consensus views and monitor competitor landscape
If you have what it takes you could be just what we’re looking for…
– Sharp – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in subject with a strong numerate/mathematics content
– Skilled – Energy commodity markets experience, managing commercial or financial risk preferably in an energy retail supply business, excellent data skills and expert level Excel (or similar) user
– Meticulous – attention to detail supported by excellent analytical and quantitative skills Collaborative – you love contributing to a team effort
– Motivated – you have a cannot fail attitude under pressure and managing multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment
– Articulate – you can communicate your analysis effectively with a strong understanding of commercial risk
Yü Come First
We have a wide range of benefits for our employees including:
– 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
– Training and development opportunities
– Employee perks and support
– Recognition and reward
– Competitive health benefits
– Plus, many more
Do Yü have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yü Energy are one of the UK’s fastest growing business gas, electricity and water suppliers, supplying thousands of companies across the UK. On a mission to shake-up the UK business energy market, our winning combination of expert, personal service and competitive prices are specifically tailored to the needs of commercial customers.
For more information visit our website www.yuenergy.co.uk/careers