Making a Complaint
At Yü Energy, we seek to provide excellent service but we understand that sometimes things can go wrong. We’ll work hard to resolve any issues as quickly as possible with the following approach to Complaints Handling.
- We will try to resolve any complaints as soon as possible
- We will always provide you with an explanation and an apology wherever we have caused the problem
- You will speak to the same Relationship Manager throughout the complaints process
You can contact Yü Energy in any of the ways listed below:
- Call us on 0115 975 8258 between 9am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to:
Customer Care Team,
2 Horizon Place,
Nottingham Business Park,
- Make a complaint via our website
If you contact us via telephone our Relationship Managers will attempt to resolve the matters with you immediately. However, if the matter cannot be immediately resolved the advisor will ask you to complete the complaints form on our website. Alternatively, you can ask the Customer Service Advisor to take down your complaint details whilst you are on the phone. One of our Relationship Managers will acknowledge your complaint within 1-2 working days.
We will endeavour to respond to your complaint in full within 10 working days. Sometimes this is not possible as we may need further time, if so we will keep you updated with the new timescales we put in place for resolving your complaint.
Resolving a Complaint
The Relationship Manager will provide you with a resolution to your complaint. You will be able to accept or reject the resolution depending on whether you feel the resolution is fair.
- If you accept the resolution your complaint is resolved
- If you reject the resolution the complaint will be considered an Escalated Complaint
Your complaint will be passed to a member of the Customer Care Team who will impartially reassess your complaint and the resolution you have been offered. The person reviewing your complaint will then decide whether they feel this has been dealt with fairly. If they do not feel this has been dealt with correctly, they will propose a new resolution to the Relationship Manager dealing with your complaint. The Relationship Manager will advise you whether the outcome has been defended or upheld. You will need to decide whether you accept the resolution or decline.
- If you accept the decision your complaint will be resolved
- If you reject the decision your complaint will go to the next stage
Complaint Deadlock and Energy
Ombudsman If your complaint is less than 8 weeks old and we have done everything we can to try and resolve your complaint, we will deadlock the complaint. A letter will be sent advising you of the deadlock, this means that you can go to The Energy Ombudsman with your complaint. If your complaint is more than 8 weeks old, and we have not come to resolution, you will receive a letter advising you are within your rights to contact The Energy Ombudsman.
The Energy Ombudsman will liaise with us directly to try and come to a resolution. Their services are free for you to use and they’re entirely independent, they don’t take sides and their decisions are based only on the information they have. You don’t have to accept their decision, but if you do, we’ll act on what they say. That might mean us saying sorry, explaining what’s gone wrong, fixing the problem or paying you compensation.
- If you contact The Energy Ombudsman, they will investigate your case and we are unable to work with you directly to resolve the complaint
- If you have not contacted The Energy Ombudsman, we will still be able to work with you directly to resolve the complaint