Smell gas or need to report a gas explosion or fire?
Stay calm, you’re in safe hands. Here’s what to do if you can smell gas or are concerned by any gas-safety related matter.
Call the National Gas Service on 0800 111 999 immediately.
There are a few measures that you can take to help the situation.
- Turn off the gas supply
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn on any electrical switches
- Use any form of naked flame which could ignite the gas, such as: gas hob, smoking, striking any matches
The type of information that the emergency service may require will include:
- Site address
- How many people are at the site
- Where you can smell the gas
- Your name and contact number
- Any other circumstances or access details to the site