Occasionally, when switching your energy supplier, your existing provider might object to the switch.
Objections happen when an energy provider stops their customer from switching to a new supplier.
There are certain circumstances where this may happen, including:
- If you’re on a fixed term contract and your term hasn’t expired yet
- You didn’t give your existing energy provider enough notice to terminate
- You have an outstanding balance on your account
Your existing energy provider will provide a reason why the switch has been objected to, and how to resolve the issue.
An energy provider can’t object to a transfer if:
- No verbal or written contract has been accepted
- The contract has expired and your business is on deemed rates
If you receive a notification from your current provider stating that they have objected to the transfer of your supply to Yü Energy, please contact your current energy supplier.
If you’re moving away from Yü Energy to an alternative provider and we have objected your transfer, please contact 0115 975 8258 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.